Ir. Siti Khodijah Chaerun, MT., Ph.D
- Telephone : +62 22 2502239, 2508131
- Fax :+62 22 2504209
- Email : email@example.com
- Post-Doct, Department of Energy and Resources Engineering, College of Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, P.R. China. 2011-2014
- Post-Doct, Department of Microbiology, the University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA. 2008-2009
- Post-Doct, Graduate School of Bio-applications and Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan. 2007
- Post-Doct, Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Institute of Landscape Matter Dynamics & Institute of Soil Landscape Research, Muncheberg, Berlin, Germany. 2006
- PhD, Department of Earth Sciences, Division of Global Environmental Science and Engineering, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan. 2004
- Master, Department of Environmental Engineering, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Indonesia. 1999
- Sarjana, Department of Environmental Engineering, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Indonesia. 1993
- Petroleum & Environmental Minerals Biotechnology
- Indonesian Society for Microbiology
- American Society of Mining and Reclamation (ASMR)
- European Association of Geochemistry (EAG)
- Bergey’s International Society for Microbial Systematics (BISMiS)
- Indonesian Society for Materials Science and Engineering (ISMSE)
- The Mineralogical Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- The International Biodeterioration Biodegradation Society (IBBS)
- Islamic Development Bank Graduate Association in Indonesia (IGA-Indonesia)
- Biogeochemical characterization of bioleaching bacteria isolated from sulfide and laterite mineral ores for developing an environmentally friendly, economical biomining in Indonesia (October 2009 – present)
- Biogeochemical characterization of Arsenic (As)-resistant bacteria isolated from acid minerals with extremely low pH for developing bioremediation (October 2009 – present)
- Biogeochemical characterization of mercury (Hg)-resistant bacteria isolated from river sediments contaminated with mining wastes for developing bioremediation (October 2009 – present)
- Biomineralogical characterization of iron-oxidizing bacteria, sulphate-reducing bacteria and biofilm-producing bacteria for microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC) or biocorrosion (March 2010 – present)
- Biogeochemical characterization of hexavalent chromium (Cr+6)-resistant bacteria isolated from Cr-polluted saline-sodic agricultural soils for developing bioremediation (October 2009 – present)
- Characterization of polyethylene-degrading bacteria and fungi for plastics biodegradation (2011-present)
- Biohydrometallurgy of nickel laterite (2009 – present)
- Biosurfactants-producung bacteria for biohydrometallurgy, biocorrosion, biodesulfurization and microbial enhanced oil recovery (MEOR) (2011- present)
- Bioflotation of sulfide and silicate minerals (2015 – present)
- Biohydrometallurgy of copper minerals (2014 – present)
- Biohydrometallurgy of sulfide-bearing carbonaceous refractory gold ores (2014 – present)
PUBLICATIONS AND CONFERENCES
-  Sanwani E., Mirahati R.Z., Chaerun S.K. Possible role of the biosurfactant-producing- and Fe-S-oxidizing bacterium in silicate and sulfide bioflotation processes. Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 1130, pp.493-498
-  Sanwani E., Wahyuningsih T., Chaerun S.K. Assessment of surface properties of silica-bacterial cell complex: a potential application for silicate bioflotation processes. Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 1130, pp.515-518
-  Winarko R., Mubarok M.Z., Rizki I.N., Chaerun S.K. Biooxidation of carbonaceous refractory gold ores by an iron-sulfur-oxidizing mixotrophic bacterium at neutral pH. Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 1130, pp.440-444
-  Mubarok M.Z., Sulistyo R.S., Chaerun S.K., Minwal W.P. Organic Acid Biogeneration by Aspergillus niger and Its Utilization for Indirect Bioleaching of Nickel Laterite Ore. Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 1130, pp.273-277
-  Sanwani E., Chaerun S.K., Mirahati R.Z., Wahyuningsih T. Bioflotation: Bacteria-Mineral Interaction for Eco-friendly and Sustainable Mineral Processing. Procedia Chemistry (In press, published by Elsevier)
-  Chaerun SK, Tazaki K, Okuno M. Montmorillonite mitigates the toxic effect of heavy oil on hydrocarbon-degrading bacterial growth: implications for marine oil spill bioremediation. Clay Minerals, 48, pp. 639-654 (SCI Impact factor: 1.34; published by the Mineralogical Society of Great Britain and Ireland)
-  Chaerun SK, Hasni S, Sanwani E, Moeis MR. Mercury (Hg)-resistant bacteria in Hg-polluted gold mine sites of Bandung, West Java Province, Indonesia. Microbiology Indonesia, Vol. 6, No. 2. pp. 57-68.
-  Chaerun SK. The Nakhodka oil spill and its bioremediation. Journal of Life Sciences and Technology, Vol 1, No. 1. pp. 29-33.
-  Isolation and phylogenetic characterization of iron-sulfur-oxidizing heterotrophic bacteria indigenous to nickel laterite ores of Sulawesi, Indonesia, The 5th International Conference on Mathematics and Natural Sciences (ICMNS 2014), Institut Teknologi Bandung, Bandung, Indonesia, November 2-3, 2014 (Oral Presentation, Authors: Chaerun SK, Hung S, Mubarok MZ, Sanwani E).
-  Environmental biogeochemical analysis of potentially toxic metals (PTMs)-resistant bacteria and S-Fe-Oxidizing bacteria in sulfide and laterite mineral mine sites of Indonesia: Implications for biomining and bioremediation. Book of Abstract of MRS-Id Meeting 2014, pp.176, The 1st Materials Research Society of Indonesia (MRS-Id) Meeting, Aston Hotel Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia, September 26-28, 2014 (Oral Presentation, Authors: Chaerun SK, Mubarok MZ, Handayani I).
-  Indigenous iron-sulfur-oxidizing bacteria capable of bioleaching nickel from laterite mineral ores and their application in nickel laterite bioleaching. The 21th General Meeting of the International Mineralogical Association (IMA 2014), Sandton Convention Centre, Sandton, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa, September 1-5, 2014 (Oral Presentation, Authors: Chaerun SK, Hung S, Mubarok MZ, Sanwani E, Kadarusman A, Djafar A).
-  Effects of several parameters on nickel extraction from laterite ore by direct bioleaching using Aspergillus niger and acid rock drainage from coal mine as an organic substrate. Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 825, pp.356-359 (DOI 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.825.356), The 20th International Biohydrometallurgy Symposium (IBS 2013), Antofagasta, Chile, October 8-11, 2013 (Oral Presentation, Authors: Mubarok MZ, Kusuma H, Minwal WP, Chaerun SK).
-  Effects of individual use, mixed culture and sulfur addition on the effectiveness of nickel laterite ore bioelaching with Penicillium verruculosum and Galactomyces geotrichum. Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 825, pp.380-383 (DOI 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.825.380), The 20th International Biohydrometallurgy Symposium (IBS 2013), Antofagasta, Chile, October 8-11, 2013 (Poster Presentation, Authors: Mubarok MZ, Astuti W, Chaerun SK).
-  Biostimulation of silica and sulfur on crude oil biodegradation. Mineralogical Magazine, pp.846, Cambridge Publications (DOI: 10.1180/minmag.2013.077.5.3), Goldschmidt 2013 Conference, Florence, Italy, August 25-30, 2013 (Oral Presentation, Authors: Chaerun SK, Wu XL).
-  Leaching behaviour of nickel from Indonesian laterite ore in some organic acids pp.523-532. Proceedings of the XIII International Mineral Processing Symposium, October 10-12, 2012, Bodrum, Turkey (Oral Presentation, Authors: Mubarok MZ, Astuti W, Chaerun SK)